Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 7.1: TTC Internet Radio Poster Vol. 1

I did this project as a school project and a poster contest. Trident Technical College was opening their own radio station on the internet at the time and needed a way to promote it. So my class was asked to make posters to turn in so they could ask the judges which one was best. I wasn't exactly sure what they were going to play on the radio station, but I had been back to the radio station part of the school where they teach students how to work the keyboard and everything else that goes on behind the scenes at a radio station and I noticed a Boston record. So I figured they might play a little classic rock now and then. So I thought of the best classic rock bands and singers I could think of and tried to make a homage to them at the same time that was making a promotional poster. Mostly just make a promotional poster and have a little bit of classic rock in it. I went with the Jimi Hendrix guitar because it is recognizable if you know a little bit about him but at the same time it's a guitar and can symbolize all kinds of music. I did have a flat background at first but it made everything look flat. So I used some filters in Photoshop and put a lot of grain texture into the background and blurred it just a tad. Once that was done the guitar on top  really popped out. Then to add a little flare to it, and to make ya do a double take if ya only see it out the corner of your eye, I put in the really lightning bolts on the strings. I also used the logo they were going for as a type of broadcasting signal as if the guitar was sending out radio waves to the entire world. The logo at the bottom was not created by me so I take no credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment