Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 5.2: Clooney for President


This is project I did in my Advanced Photoshop class at Trident Tech. We were spost to pick a famous celebrity and make a campaign for them. So I chose George Clooney for President.
I started with the background by finding a stock image of the American Flag. I stretched it a bit and blurred it just a tad so it looked like a background and didnt take away from the foreground. Then I found a high res photo of Clooney and photoshoped him a little bit. Fixed a few blemishes in his face and neck and cut him out of the photo he was in. Then I had to find another suit for him because the one he was wearing was kind of casual. So I already this photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing a suit. So I cut the suit out and pasted it on Clooney. Of course I had to do a few touch ups to make it fit just right. Then I went online to find some of his most famous quotes and choose one that he might say on a campaign poster. Couldn't really find one that fit perfectly, but I liked the quote "The only failure is not to try." So I put that in where it looked appropriate then made up a website for his campaign and stuck it in the corner. Then using the same font as the rest of it I put in the top George Clooney for President. I've seen a few campaign posters and most of em don't really emphasize the first name, just the last name. So I made his last name the biggest word and put his first name on top in a smaller font size. Then I put the year he was running for and it was 2008 at the time and the elections were going on so I put 08 as his year.

No comments:

Post a Comment