Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 5.1: Amalgamated Industries Inc.© The Widget the World Awaits™


I created this logo using the program Adobe Illustrator. Using nothing but type and a couple circles. Very simple design, but it looks very industrial. The A is the only actual type in the logo other than the Amalgmated at the bottom. All I did was take the A and put 2 dots for the 2 I's on the outer slant of the A. It didn't look right at first because the lower dot came down farther than the rest of the A. So I extended the A down a bit so it was level with the bottom of the dot. I also skewed the dots a little so that they looked like they were slanting with the rest of the I.
I used the colors red and black because the older logo the company had was black type with a single red dot over the I. I didn't do it that way because with all the rest black it looked a bit heavy. So I took the biggest part of the logo and made that red and it made it look a lot less heavy. Finally, I put the company name below the logo using the Bauhaus 93 font.

No comments:

Post a Comment