Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 1.2: Twisted Nightmare Magazine Cover


This is the magazine I created for another project at Trident Technical College. The project was to create a 10 page magazine about anything the student wanted to do. I love Rock Music so I chose to do the Top 10 Metal Albums of 2008. Of course this is only the cover, but the inside of the magazine is just as great as this cover. The background is a few of the albums in the top 10 cut into the words Twisted Nightmare Magazine (which is what I named the magazine). The black and white see through stripes on top of the words in the background are the same stripes on the famous Van Halen guitar. The guitar i created in Adobe Illustrator along with the phoenix peace sign on the bottom it. The typeface was a bit hard to read so i doubled the type on top of each other and made them two different colors so they are able to be read easier.
I know you can't see the inside of the magazine, but I'll tell you about it very briefly. Everything in the magazine i created myself except for the photographs. I created my own advertisements, which were fake of course, but they completed the magazine. I even created concert advertisements and new album advertisements. I still have to make a few changes to some things inside of it, but for now I believe this is one of my best creations.
-Brian Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment