Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 3.1: CD Box Set - Aerosmith


This is the CD Box Set I created for Exit Portfolio. I came up with the idea to do Aerosmith when I was started thinking who I wanted to do for the project. I remembered a few of their older albums and wanted to incorporate those albums in the background and see anyone caught them. The spots in the background are cow spots and then there's the circles on top of those. The cow spots are inspired by the Get A Grip album and the Circles are inspired by the Big Ones album. Aerosmith has multiple logos that are all pretty much the same just changed around a little bit. So for the Logo I just chose the best one i could find and did a little bit of changing myself. I thought about making it just plain white with a faint black shadow underneath, but it didn't look right. So I played with the filters in Photoshop a bit and kinda liked the film grain effect i had it on it. Then I changed the color to gold so this box set would be like a "Gold Edition" or something. The photo of the entire band on top is the best and very high quality photo I could find. I did have a different photo up there but again it didn't feel right and it had a lot of artifacting in it and it was blurry. So I absolutely had to find another photo that was at least print quality, and this photo had a lot of color in it and it was them playing a song and not just posing for the camera. Now the two photos in the top are the two most popular people in the band. Steven Tyler on the left singing a slow song and Joe Perry playing the guitar. I thought of the two photos as a competition between Tyler and Perry because I heard they don't really get along with each other, but they play together like the best of friends and they still sound awesome to this day. It was kinda hard to make the photos of the two look like they were ghosts. The Tyler photo was easy because it was black and white but when I turned Perry black and white and tried to do the same effect it didn't work. So it took me a few days to do that, but i finally got it by playing around with the features a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment