Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 1.1: Rock 'N' Roll Stamps

I was asked to create some stamps for one of my classes at Trident Technical College. I first created them to the specifications of the project. Once i was finished and the class was over I had the chance to create the stamps the way I wanted to create them. I chose to stay with the rock theme i had going but narrow down the images on the stamp and make it look as though the image on the stamp went with the stamp itself. The way i had it before it looked like I just put some random pictures on the stamp and called it finished. This time I played around with the colors and the effects in Adobe Photoshop. That was after i had created the drawings and background images in Adobe Illustrator.
I came up with the idea to create stamps with a sort of "dead" or "bone" theme along with the rock theme. So I did a little research about each of the kinds of rock 'n' roll I used and used some sort of iconic image for each. Such as the Mohawk on the skull which is very common in Punk Rock, and the electric guitars in the Heavy Metal, and the "devil horn" sign in the Hard Rock. So there you have it.
-Brian Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment