Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 9.2: The Pool Table

I did this project in my Multimedia 2 class at South University. Using the Maya program I created the pool table using basic polygons. A rounded edged cube is the base for the table then i took the middle of the top of the table and sunk it into itself. I then took the edges of the felt and pushed them into the sides and turned the felt green. I then created the pool sticks using basic cylinders with a ball at the end (that you can't see). Then I put the pockets in the table by cutting out holes in the 4 corners (when I did this I forgot about the center pockets, I will be fixing this). Then I put the 3 lights on the table to make it look more like its in a bar and to brighten up the balls a bit. The balls were last though. I created them using the rounded edge cube again and put flat cylinders on them for the lower numbered balls such as 1-9. Once I got to 10 it became too crowded to read how many there were just by looking at it. So to make it easier and to distinguish the low balls from the high balls I put the actual number on the high balls. Once I was done creating the dice I put them in clear basic spheres and put them in order on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment